Stylish Travel: Take Advice from Street Fashion Books

Every time I travel to a different country, I take a notice of how locals dress there - beforehand and in real time. As a matter of fact - I take photos of them, just as many street fashion bloggers out there, who pride themselves not only in taking beautiful street photography, but in discovering new trends, which are very often overlooked by the fashion magazine editors.

I'm going to Italy soon and this book would definitely come in handy, as well as all the street fashion blogs I follow. They give me an idea of both what to not take with me on a trip to Italy and also what to shop for when I'm in Italy...That applies to any other country and continent. The book that I'm now a proud owner of - The Sartorialist by a street fashion blogger Scott Schuman, the author of the blog The Sartorialist, definitely gave me a very good thorough sense of what the European street style has been up...

This is one of the best books on street fashion and style that you can get.

Book Description:

In the beginning, Scott Schuman just wanted to take photographs of people that he met on the streets of New York who he felt looked great. The blog he started, thesartorialist.com, is now an interantionally renowned site and a showcase for the wonderful and varied sartorial tastes of real people across the globe. This book is a beautiful anthology of Scott's favourite images, accompanied by his insightful commentary. Published here as a limited edition hardback, with a hand-signed card from Scott inside, it includes photographs of well-known fashion figures alongside people encountered on the street whose personal style and taste demands a closer look. From the streets of New York to Florence, Stockholm, to Paris, London to Moscow and Milan, these are the men and women who have inspired Scott and the widely diverse readers of his blog.

You might also like Street View, Face Hunter and New York Look Book: A Gallery of Street Fashion - at least that's what I was told at the Strand Bookstore in New York City when I was getting my The Sartorialist book. 

And here is my take on street fashion - taken in Washington, DC on a very hot summer day.





For full gallery, please go here.

How do you find the street fashion of Washington, DC? What would you change?

Comments

Popular Posts